NOTE: Until Valve comes up with a nice, atomic way for fans to distribute mutations, you'll have to disable this mutation if you want to play the new bi-weekly mutation.
This was a simple mutation created to prove the workflow for
Left 4 Dead 2 mutations. Originally consisting of only "Grenade-Fest,"
I've renamed the mutation pack to "ShackMutations" due to most of the changes and
requests coming from the community over at ShackNews.
The name change will take effect starting with v12.
I took the existing code for "Gib Fest," replaced the M60 with a grenade launcher,
and had at it.
It seems to work quite nicely, although it is a bit overpowered and nearly impossible
to play on Normal or above.
Per the request of Shacker NastyNorman, I also combined "Gib Fest" with
"TAAAAAAANK!" to create "Tank-60." Per the request of Shacker ant_hillbilly,
"Tank-60 Realism" was added in as well.
To install the mod, unzip it and drop grenadefest.vpk in your
4 dead 2\left4dead2\addons folder.
To uninstall the mod, delete grenadefest.vpk from your
In these instructions, replace [name of map] with the filename of the map you want to start.
To launch Grenade Fest single player, enable the developer console, hit your tilde
(~) key and type:
map [name of map] grenadefest
To launch Tank-60, run the following command from the server console:
map [name of map] tank60
To launch Tank-60 Realism, run the following command from the server console:
map [name of map] tank60realism
NOTE: All players must have the mod installed at the moment. Currently
working on implementing several pieces of feedback from the
Download Now (3,473 bytes)
(v15, 12/22/2010 11:27pm CST)
Please don't hotlink the file. Please link to this page if you want people to know about this mod.
- v15: Spawn timer modifications for "Tank-60" and "Tank-60 Realism," as well as fire and explosive rounds at spawn.
- v14: Minor update so it will be compatible with "Special Delivery."
- v13: Minor bug fixes, attempt at getting fire and explosive rounds to spawn at various
locations. (Note: Says v12 after installing. I forgot to update the version number.)
- v12: Correct versions of "Tank-60" and "Tank-60 Realism." Name change.
- v11: "Tank-60 Realism" didn't get the changes for "Tank-60" to provide the survivors
with health packs, adrenaline and molotovs. Also forgot to update the version number.
- v10: Survivors also start with health packs, adrenaline and molotovs in "Tank-60"
and "Tank-60 Realism." Tank health dropped slightly, while respawn range slightly
moved in for tanks to offset it.
- v9: Increased spawn distance for tanks in "Tank-60."
- v8: Added "Tank-60 Realism."